This tastes like pecan pie.
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell with high fluted edge
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Soak Grape-Nuts in water until water is absorbed.
- Combine sugar, syrup, butter and salt in saucepan. Bring quickly to boil, stirring
until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add small amount
of hot syrup mixture to eggs, beating well. Add remaining amount of hot mixture
to eggs and mix well.
- Stir in softened Grape-Nuts and vanilla extract. Pour into
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.