Hawaiian Wedding Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 cups milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small
can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Whipped cream for topping
- Toasted coconut
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and milk; mix well. Add beaten egg yolks. Cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil and is thickened.
Remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla extract, crushed pineapple and coconut, thoroughly combining
all. Pour mixture into pie shell and chill.
- When chilled, cover top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and
arrange cherries in a pattern.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Pie Recipes