This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Jeff Davis Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- Beat egg yolks and stir in half-and-half.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar, then add to egg yolks mixture.
- Sift together nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and flour and add to egg mixture. Stir
in dates, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into pie shell and bake in preheated 325 F oven
for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Add 1/2 cup
sugar and cream of tartar. Mix well.
- Spread over top of baked pie and return to
oven. Cook until meringue is light brown.