Lemon Almond Ice Box Pie
The chopped almonds in the crust are the secret of this pie.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers or Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted and buttered almonds
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Toasted almonds, buttered and chopped
- Combine cookie crumbs with almonds and butter. Pat into a 9- or 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until light golden.
- Prepare filling by combining sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks, lemon peel
and lemon juice. Put mixture into cooled crust.
- Spread Cool Whip generously over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Chill for several hours.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Pie Recipes