Mile High Ginger Pie
This easy, no-bake recipe is a welcome departure from the standard holiday cream pie.
- 1/4 cup caramel dessert topping
- 1 prepared vanilla cookie crust (6 ounces)
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 (4-serving) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Spread caramel dessert topping evenly in bottom of crust. Set aside.
- Pour Half-and-Half into large bowl. Add pudding mixes, ginger and cinnamon; beat
with wire whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over filling just before serving. Sprinkle almonds
around edge of pie.
- Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings | Prep: 15 min | Refrigerate: 3 hr
per serving: Calories: 386 Fat: 18 g Carbohydrates: 52 g Cholesterol: 32
mg Sodium: 439 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick