Mississippi Mud Pie
Mississippi Mud Pie is outrageously delicious! A chocolate crumb crust layered
with a rich chocolate sauce, crunchy nuts and creamy coffee ice cream. This is a
dessert to remember.
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup powdered sugar
cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick)
butter or margarine (cut up)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (divided (optional))
- 2 pints coffee ice cream (softened slightly, divided)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat sugar, morsels, butter, cream and corn syrup in small, heavy-duty saucepan
over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool until slightly warm.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup chocolate mixture in bottom of crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup nuts.
Layer 1 pint ice cream, scooping thin slices with a large spoon; freeze for 1 hour.
- Repeat with 1/3 cup chocolate mixture, 1/4 cup nuts and remaining ice cream.
with remaining chocolate mixture; top with remaining nuts.
- Freeze for 2 hours or
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.