- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown
sugar, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish or 1 (10-inch) pie shell,
- Vanilla ice cream
- 12 to 14 light (vanilla) caramels
- 1/4 cup
half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- With mixer, combine eggs, sugars, vanilla extract, milk and butter; mix until
well blended. Stir in oats, coconut and pecans; stir to mix well. Pour into unbaked
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 45 minutes, or until pie is set and lightly browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Caramel Sauce: Combine caramels, half-and-half and butter in a glass bowl. Microwave
on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving until melted, stirring
every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Serve warm caramel sauce over oatmeal pie.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 18, 2001.