Old Fashioned Cracker Pie
- Beat 3 egg whites until foamy; add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar - then 1 cup
sugar - Beat until stiff.
- Crush 16 saltine crackers, add to egg whites.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Put into buttered pie plate (glass works best) and bake for 25 minutes at 350
degrees F (the top should be slightly brown).
- Cool well.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves on top with 1/2 pint of whipping cream/Cool
Whip. If you make your own whipping cream, add a little sugar and vanilla extract.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine 7/1/01 10:16:11 pm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.