Old Fashioned Cracker Pie
- 3 eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1/2 pint whipping cream/Cool Whip*
* If you make your own whipping cream, add a little sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and sugar, Beat until stiff.
- Crush saltine crackers, add to egg whites.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Put into buttered pie plate (glass works best) and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F (the top should be slightly brown).
- Cool well.
- Spread pineapple preserves on top with whipping cream/Cool
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine 7/1/01 10:16:11 pm.