Orange Pie Circa 1880s
- 5 small oranges, peeled and sliced in rounds
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line pie tin with one pastry crust. Fill pastry crust
nearly to top of pie tin with sliced oranges. Sprinkle sugar, then cinnamon, over
the oranges and top with second pastry crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 more minutes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.
Source: Rudy2 January 14, 2001 04:22 am - Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.