Oreo Tailgate Tire Pie
Nabisco's test kitchens developed this recipe for NASCAR fans who make pit
stops at tailgate parties.
- 36 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 Jet-Puffed marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Oreo cookies, for garnish
- Coarsely chop 10 cookies; set aside.
- Finely roll 26 cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press evenly onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Stir marshmallows and milk in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth; cool completely.
- Gently fold 2 cups whipped cream into cooled marshmallows mixture; fold in chopped cookies.
- Poon into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream and cookies.
Yields 8 servings, 1 pie