Peachy Grits Pies
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked quick grits, cooled thoroughly
- 2 Graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (20 ounce) can peach pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cream cheese and grits; beat with an electric mixer at high speed for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into the 2 pie crusts and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Mix sour cream and pie filling. Spread half of mixture over each pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Yield: 2 pies