Pink Velvet Company Pie
- 16 Graham crackers (sheets), finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small box strawberry Jell-O*
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled enough for whipping
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
* Any flavor Jell-O may be used.
- Mix crackers with butter and line well-greased springform or deep dish pie plate, saving about 1/4 cup of mixture for topping.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Add lemon juice and sugar and let stand while whipping the milk to a stiff froth. Add gelatin mixture to whipped milk and continue whipping until stiff peaks are formed. Stir in lemon rind. Pour over cracker crust. Top with remaining crumbs.
- Chill for about 4 hours or until firm.
Serves 6 to 8.