Raspberry Pie with Coconut Crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raspberries (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Crust: Blend flour, sugar and butter; mix in coconut. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture and press the remainder into a buttered 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Filling: Combine egg, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla extract; blend well. Spread into hot baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Crush raspberries slightly and spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool.
- Cut into wedges and serve with raspberry sauce.
- Sauce: Cook, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve warm or cool over each piece of torte.