Rocky Road Pie
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Betty Crocker SuperMoist chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ounce coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and dust a 9-inch pie plate with sugar.
- Pie: Reserve 1 2/3 cups lightly packed dry cake mix. Beat remaining cake mix, the water, oil and eggs in medium bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, for 2 minutes. Spread in pie plate.
- Bake until cake springs back when touched lightly in center, 30 to 35 minutes; cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream and reserved dry cake mix until stiff.
- Fold in marshmallows, walnuts and chocolate chips. Spread over cooled cake.
- Chocolate Glaze: Heat whipping cream, butter and chocolate over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Immediately drizzle over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate any remaining dessert.
High Altitude Directions (3500 to 6500 feet): Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Use
10-inch pie plate. Stir 3 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour into cake mix
(dry). Increase water to 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons; decrease oil to 2 tablespoons.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Beat whipping cream mixture until soft peaks form.