This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- Yolks from
3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine (not spread), cut in small pieces
- 1 cup
- One 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- Whipped cream or whipped
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a medium-size saucepan. Whisk in milk until smooth,
then yolks until blended. Stir in lemon peel and juice.
- Add butter and whisk constantly over medium heat 5-7 minutes, just until boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir 1 minute longer.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap to keep
a skin from forming.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream until well blended. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover loosely and
refrigerate at least 6 hours until set, or up to 2 days.
- Shortly before serving, garnish with whipped cream/topping.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 3, 2001.