Strawberry Marshmallow Pie
- 16 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons strawberry juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries,
- Few drops red food color
- 1 baked (9-inch) pie shell
- Melt marshmallows in strawberry juice over low heat, folding with spoon until
mixture is smooth. Add food color; cool.
- Combine egg whites and salt; beat until frothy. Add sugar gradually; beat until
they hold hard stiff peaks and glossy. Gently whip in cooled marshmallow mixture.
- Fill pie shell with ice cream, spreading evenly; cover with strawberries. Top with
marshmallow mixture, swirling attractively.
- Immediately put under broiler to brown
- Put a few nice strawberries in swirls; serve at once.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.