Sweet Potato Pie
with Pecan Topping
Pie Shell and Filling
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
pound sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (14
ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dark corn (Karo) syrup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine,
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat hot sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add
remaining ingredients except pie shell and Pecan Topping ingredients; mix well.
Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spoon Pecan Topping evenly over top.
for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool.
- In small mixing bowl, combine egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter or margarine
and maple flavoring; mix well. Stir in chopped pecans.