Tin Roof Chocolate Pie
This delicious pie features chocolate, caramel and marshmallow layers, and each
serving is topped with caramel and whipped cream. A great and scrumptious treat
for your family and friends.
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 vanilla caramels
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 caramels
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon
- Chocolate Layer: Heat 1/3 cup morsels and butter in small saucepan over low heat
stirring frequently, until morsels are melted. Spread melted chocolate on bottom
and up sides of prebaked pie shell.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Caramel Layer: Heat caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan over
medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
Stir in nuts. Spoon over chocolate layer; cover. Refrigerate.
- Marshmallow Layer: Heat 1 1/3 cups morsels, milk and marshmallows in medium saucepan
over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted
and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- Beat remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into cooled marshmallow
mixture. Carefully spoon over caramel layer (pie will be full). Refrigerate for
3 hours or overnight.
- Topping: Heat 3 caramels, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and 1 tablespoon butter
in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; cool slightly.
- Top each serving with topping, whipped cream and remaining morsels.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe Servings Per Recipe: 10 Calories:
660 Calories from Fat: 390 Total Fat: 43g (66% of DV) Saturated Fat: 20g (99% of
DV) Cholesterol: 65mg (21% of DV) Sodium: 280mg (12% of DV) Carbohydrates: 62g (21%
of DV) Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV) Sugars: 39g Protein: 11g
Vitamin A: 10% of DV Vitamin C: 0% of DV Calcium: 10% of DV Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This amazing Tin Roof Chocolate Pie recipe was the Grand Prize winning recipe
in the Better Homes and Garden's & Nestlé Toll House "Share the Very Best Recipe"
contest. It was created by Carol Piermarini of Holland, MA.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Nestle and meals.com.