Pumpkin Toffee Pie
Toffee-flavored bits covering the bottom of the pie crust, add a tasty crunch
to each bite.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee-flavored bits
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- Whipped light cream topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and
vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs,
milk and cream until well blended.
- Sprinkle toffee-flavored bits evenly onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with
- Bake for 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with whipped cream, if desired.
Servings: 8 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: < 90 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 417 Fat 20g Cholesterol 97 Protein
% Daily Value Saturated Fat 8g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Sodium 366mg 0% Carbohydrates
54g 0%Sugar 44g 0% Iron 0% Fiber 0% Calcium 0%
Recipe and photo credit: Butterball, LLC