Transparent Pie is a Southern specialty.
- Unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grating of nutmeg or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Small amount of tart jelly, if desired, for more flavor
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Bake pie shell only partially, from 5 to 7 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in remaining ingredients. Fill the shell.
- Bake the pie for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the filling comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.