- Pastry for 1-crust pie
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Dash of
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Prepare pastry and line a 9-inch pie pan. Chill while you make the filling.
- Sift together flour, spices and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks thoroughly.
- Wash and dry the beaters, then beat the 2 whites until they stand in peaks.
- Gently fold sugar into egg whites and stir into yolks.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Combine butter, vinegar, nuts and raisins and stir into the filling.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400 degrees F and bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350
degrees F and continue baking for about 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.