Potato Chip Quiche Lorraine
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed potato chips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and nutmeg
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- Combine chips and paprika; gently press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides
of 8-inch springform pan.
- In saucepan warm half-and-half and cream; beat into eggs to blend.
- Stir in remaining
- Pour into crust.
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven 30 to 35 minutes, until
custard is set and golden.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Potato Chip Information Bureau