Chopped onion, shredded Swiss cheese and egg form a rich mixture for this Quiche
Lorraine. Baked in a deep-dish crust and seasoned with pepper and nutmeg this is
the perfect dish for a church supper, potluck, etc. Quiche fits a variety of meal
occasions from brunch to dinner and also makes an outstanding appetizer.
If using metal or foil pans, bake on preheated heavy-duty baking sheet.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain.
- Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.
5 min prep | 40 min cook | 8 servings
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 170 Total Fat: 18g (28% of DV)
Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV) Cholesterol: 120mg (40% of DV) Sodium: 430mg (18%
of DV) Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV) Sugars: 6g Protein:
Vitamin A: 6% of DV Vitamin C: 2% of DV Calcium: 30% of DV Iron: 4% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.