Serve Sausage-Spinach Quiche with croissants and seasonal fresh fruit. This recipe can also be adapted to make small tart quiches for appetizers.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Watercress (optional)
- Prepare pastry and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in medium skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper toweling. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress, if desired.
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 45 min | Serves 6
Nutritional Information: Calories: 509 calories Protein: 18 grams Fat: 41
grams Sodium: 754 milligrams Cholesterol: 214 milligrams Saturated Fat: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.