- 2 medium tomatoes
- Pastry for one crust 9-inch pie
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hold tomatoes at room temperature until fully ripe. Cut one into small dice;
slice the second tomato. Set both aside separately.
- Roll pastry to fit a 9-inch pie pan. Fit pastry into pan and flute edges. Prick
bottom and sides of pastry.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450
degree F oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Remove pie shell from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature
to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs.
- Stir in milk, cheese, onions, salt, black
pepper and reserved diced tomato.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with reserved sliced tomatoes.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out
clean, about 25 minutes longer.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for 10 minutes