- 2 medium tomatoes
- Pastry for one crust 9-inch pie
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hold tomatoes at room temperature until fully ripe. Cut one into small dice; slice the second tomato. Set both aside separately.
- Roll pastry to fit a 9-inch pie pan. Fit pastry into pan and flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of pastry.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degrees F oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Remove pie shell from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs.
- Stir in milk, cheese, onions, salt, black pepper and reserved diced tomato.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with reserved sliced tomatoes.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes longer.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.