- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in water, drained dry
- 4 green onions, white
and green parts, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust,
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread tuna, green onions and cheese on bottom of crust.
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise and half-and-half with a whisk until smooth. Pour slowly
on top of ingredients in crust. If mixture is not going through to bottom of crust,
carefully lift tuna to allow liquid to fill crust. There will be approximately 1/3
cup of liquid that will not fit into crust; discard it.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Let
sit 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes 8 servings.
Other fillings to consider include 1 (13 ounce) can salmon, or 1 1/2 cups
chopped ham, cooked bacon, cooked sausage, mushrooms or onion. Other cheeses may
substitute for Swiss.