Apple-Raspberry Slab Pie
Apples and raspberries pair up perfectly in this easy-to-prepare slab pie.
- 2 boxes Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, Softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh raspberries (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack 2 of the crusts on lightly floured
surface. Roll to a 17 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Fit into ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, pressing into corners.
- In large bowl, mix apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice. Spoon
mixture into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle raspberries on top.
- Unroll and stack remaining 2 crusts on lightly floured surface. Roll to a 17
x 12-inch rectangle. Fit on top of apple mixture.
- Pinch edges of crusts together to seal, tucking under extra pastry crust, if
necessary. Crimp edges. Cut several small steam holes on top crust to allow steam
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool on a rack for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows to serve.
25 min prep time
1 hr 50 min total time
Yield: 12 servings
If desired, brush crust with milk, and sprinkle with sugar before baking for
extra flavor and a decorative touch.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 380 Calories from Fat 150
Total Fat 16g 25% Saturated Fat 7g 33% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium
350mg 14% Total Carbohydrate 55g 18% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 18g 18% Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: