Candy Apple Slab Pie
A fall-favorite carnival dessert gets the pie treatment. Sweet apples and cinnamon spice melt together in a delectable filling for a dessert that will have your guests begging for seconds.
- 2 (14.1 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, (4 crusts), divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled Fuji apples, (about 8 apples)
- 50 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring crusts to room temperature according to package directions.
- Unroll pie crusts. Press 2 of the pie crusts onto bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Press seams of overlapping crusts in middle of baking dish together to seal.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add apples; toss to coat well.
- Add food color; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Top with remaining 2 crusts. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal. Cut small slits in top crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.
Servings: 16 | Prep: 25 min | Cook: 40 min
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 348 Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 260mg Protein: 2g Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 58g
MORE PIE RECIPES
Photo credit: Julie Gransee from Lovely Little Kitchen through McCormick