Caramel Apple Slab Pie
Using the season’s signature flavors, this dish combines warm cinnamon spice,
sweet honey crisp apples and crave-worthy caramel topping to create a delectable
dessert that is the perfect finish to any meal.
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie crusts, (4 crusts), divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled Honey Crisp apples, (about 8 apples)
- 1 cup caramel
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring crusts to room temperature according to package directions.
- Unroll pie crusts. Press 2 of the pie crusts onto bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch
glass baking dish. Press seams of overlapping crusts in middle of baking dish together
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add apples; toss to coat well. Spoon into pie crust.
- Drizzle with 3/4 cup of the caramel topping.
- Top with remaining 2 crusts. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to
seal. Cut small slits in top crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping to serve.
25 mins Prep time
40 mins Cook time
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 392 Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 315mg Protein: 3g Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate:
Photo credit: Julie Gransee from Lovely Little Kitchen.
Recipe and photo credit:
McCormick & Company, Inc.