Marshmallow-Brown Butter Pumpkin Slab Pie
This slab version of classic pumpkin pie gets a tasty upgrade with the addition
of browned butter and toasted marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 bag (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll crusts; stack on top of each other, and roll
out to a 19 x 14-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to ungreased 17 x 12-inch rimmed baking pan. Fold any overhanging crust
under, even with edges of pan.
- Place in refrigerator.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring
constantly, until butter begins to turn a deep golden color.
- Remove from heat; brush all over bottom of crust.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs with whisk until
- Beat in pumpkin; stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut marshmallows in half; place cut sides down on top of filling. Use kitchen
torch or oven broiler (on high) to toast marshmallows.
Prep Time 30 min
Total Time 2 hr 0 min
Yield: 16 servings
Use sharp knife dipped into hot water to slice pie so marshmallows don’t stick
Serve pie slices with fresh whipped cream or scoops of ice cream.
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slab Pie Recipes