Marshmallow-Brown Butter Pumpkin Slab Pie
Marshmallow-Brown Butter Pumpkin Slab Pie - This slab version of classic pumpkin pie gets a tasty upgrade with the addition of browned butter and toasted marshmallows.
Prep: 30 min | Yield: 16 servings
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag large marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll crusts; stack on top of each other, and roll out to a 19 x 14-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to ungreased 17 x 12-inch rimmed baking pan. Fold any overhanging crust under, even with edges of pan.
- Place in refrigerator.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn a deep golden color.
- Remove from heat; brush all over bottom of crust.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs with whisk until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin; stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut marshmallows in half; place cut sides down on top of filling. Use kitchen torch or oven broiler (on high) to toast marshmallows.
Use sharp knife dipped into hot water to slice pie so marshmallows don’t stick to knife.
Serve pie slices with fresh whipped cream or scoops of ice cream.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: