Bourbon-Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar,
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, half-and-half, 3 tablespoons bourbon, cinnamon,
ginger and salt, mix well.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell, bake at 425 degrees
F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake an additional 45 minutes
or until set.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a saucepan, cook over medium heat,
stirring until sugar dissolved.
- Add pecans and 2 tablespoons bourbon, stirring to
coat. Spoon mixture over the pie.
- Heat the remaining bourbon in a saucepan just long enough to produce fumes (do
not boil), remove from heat, ignite, and pour over pie.
- Serve pie when flames die
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 7:25 am.