Brownie Bottom Bourbon Pie
- 1 box brownie mix
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Bourbon, divided
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- Bake brownie mix according to directions, but bake a few minutes less, in the bottoms of 2 pie pans.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Slowly beat in sugar.
- Soften gelatine in cold water and add 1/3 of the Bourbon. Heat this mixture of Bourbon over boiling water until gelatine dissolves. Pour into yolks and stir briskly.
- Add remaining Bourbon.
- Whip 1 cup of cream and fold into mixture.
- Pour filling into brownie crust and chill 4 hours.
- Top with remaining cream whipped with a pinch of salt and sugar to taste.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.