Chocolate Amaretto Crunch Pie
- 3/4 cup finely ground Amaretto cookies
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cookies, almonds, sugar, flour and salt in processor.
- With machine running, add butter through feed tube and mix 20 seconds.
- Pat mixture onto bottom and sides of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool crust completely.
- Filling: Melt chocolate in large bowl; set over pan of gently simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from over water.
- Beat in yolks; mixture may bind.
- Using electric mixer, beat in liqueur. Mixture will smooth out.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat whites with 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold whites into chocolate mixture.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat cream with remaining sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Fold 1 cup into chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining cream.
- Spoon filling into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Fill pastry bag with remaining cream and pipe rosettes atop pie before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.