Creme de Cacao Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa
- 3 eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao (chocolate-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over milk; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- In medium saucepan, over low heat, melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup sugar and cocoa.
- Add gelatine mixture; blend well.
- Slightly beat egg yolks; stir into chocolate mixture. Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and gelatine is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in creme de cacao.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In large mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate mixture; pour into pie shell.
- Cover; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.