Deep Dish Amaretto Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 Sugar Crusts
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk sugar and eggs.
- Add butter, corn syrup and amaretto.
- Put 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans on top of each of 2 sugar crust-lined pans.
- Pour liquid mixture on top of pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is firm, but do not over-brown.
- Sugar Crusts: Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping sides of bowl after each addition.
- Sift flour and salt and add to creamed mixture. Mix until dough comes together. Remove from bowl and knead the dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll half of the dough 1/4-inch thick and line a springform pan half way up the
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Cover; place in the refrigerator until needed.
Yield: 2 crusts
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.