Frozen Pina Colada Pie
This is one of my own creations as I love coconut macaroons and it goes over
great in the summer!
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 5 ounces frozen pina colada mix
- 2 cups pineapple sherbet
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Yellow food coloring
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together coconut, sugar, cocoa, flour and salt.
- Add egg whites and almond extract; stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a lightly greased and floured a 9-inch pie pan. Gently press mixture into pie pan, pulling mixture up sides, a little bit beyond the edge of the pan.
- Bake in middle of oven for 18 to 25 minutes until set in middle and light golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Soften ice cream.
- Stir in rum and return to freezer.
- Soften sherbet. Stir in frozen pina colada mix and a little yellow food coloring to make it a nice "pineapple" color.
- Return to freezer until nearly firm (5 to 10 minutes).
- Spoon ice cream mixture into pie crust.
- Spoon dollops of sherbet on top and swirl together with a knife to marble.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and freeze until firm.
Yield: 12 - 16 servings
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.