Frozen Rum Cream Pie
- 36 Oreo cookies de-sugared
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pint whipped cream
- 1/2 cup rum
- Shaved chocolate for garnish
- Crust: Roll cookies fine and mix well with melted butter. Press into two 9-inch pie plates and freeze.
- Filling: Beat egg yolks well. Add the sugar and beat until thick and creamy.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water. Place over a low flame and bring to a boil. Pour the gelatin over the egg mixture stirring briskly.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Fold into pie mixture and stir in the rum.
- Pour into 2 frozen pie shells.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
- Freeze until firm.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.