Jamaican Cream Pie
Brown Butter Rum Crust
- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 large box regular vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 bananas
- Brown Butter Rum Crust: Mix crumbs and sugar.
- Melt butter and heat until very lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in rum. Pour over crumb mixture and stir thoroughly. Press over the bottom and sides of a buttered 9-inch pie pan. Chill.
- Filling: Mix pudding and gelatine. Stir in milk, mixing until smooth. Cook over moderate heat, stirring until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove. Cool slightly, and stir in rum.
- Cool completely and stir occasionally.
- When cold, beat cream until stiff and fold in.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the cooked mixture into the pie shell and cover with 1/2 of the bananas.
- Repeat layers and top with remaining pudding.
- Chill thoroughly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.