Kahlua Ice Cream Pie
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 40 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- Chocolate scrolls
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate crumbs, sugar and butter, Press into a 9-inch
round cake pan and chill.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with rum until light and fluffy.
- Fold in ice
- Pour into crust and freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream, sugar and Kahlua until stiff peaks form. Swirl
onto top of pie.
- Garnish with Chocolate Scrolls.
- Chocolate Scrolls: Allow squares of semisweet chocolate to warm slightly. Using
a vegetable peeler, peel scrolls from chocolate onto a plate.
- Refrigerate until
- Freeze for at least two hours.
stand at room temperature about 5 minutes before serving.