Lime Pineapple Rum Pie
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce)
can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Raspberries, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind vanilla wafer cookies in food processor until finely ground (or place cookies
in a sealable bag and roll with rolling pin); place in small bowl.
- Stir in melted
butter until blended. Press mixture into bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until crust begins to brown.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, lime juice, pineapple juice,
rum, lime rind and salt until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until
filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled, about 3
- Garnish with lime slices and raspberries.