Macadamia Nut Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Kahlu a liqueur
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 cups whipped
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in top of a double boiler.
- Slowly add milk,
stirring constantly. Place over gently boiling water and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring
constantly until mixture thickens to a loose custard.
- Blend 1/2 cup of the hot sugar mixture into the egg yolks, 1 tablespoon at a
- Slowly pour and beat the warm egg mixture back into the remaining sugar mixture.
Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, until the custard is thick.
- Add butter; cool to
- Stir in the Kahlua and all but 1 tablespoon of the nuts.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped
- Fill pie shell, garnish with remaining whipped cream and reserved nuts.