Milwaukee Million Dollar Pie
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4
cups butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter; stir well. Press mixture
firmly on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350
degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Set crust aside and let cool.
- Place unsweetened chocolate in top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside,
and let cool.
- Cream the 1 1/4 cups softened butter; gradually add sugar, beating well on medium
speed of electric mixer.
- Add melted chocolate; blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time,
beating for 3 minutes after each addition.
- Add cognac and pecans, stirring gently to
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- To serve, carefully remove sides of springform pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream
and chocolate curls.
Yields 10 to 12 servings.