Moonlit Blueberry Pie with
Almond Creme Chantilly
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie shell, baked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Filling: Combine 1 cup of the blueberries, sugar and water in blender and puree
- Pour mixture into medium saucepan and add dissolved cornstarch. Heat
until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in butter and Cointreau.
- Add almonds
and remaining blueberries, stirring gently to combine.
- Pour into baked pie shell
- Creme Chantilly: Combine cream, sugar and almond extract in chilled small bowl
and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Just before serving, spread on top of chilled pie.