Peach Schnapps Pie
- Pastry for 2 crust 9-inch pie
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup peach schnapps
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup liquid.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir into peach liquid in medium saucepan with
butter, orange peel and mace. Cook, stirring constantly until boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in peach slices and schnapps.
- Cool; turn into crust.
top pastry into strips and lattice over filling and secure to the edge.
- Crimp edges,
then sprinkle top with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly and golden.