- 2 small boxes chocolate snaps
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package unflavored gelatine
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Crust: Crumble chocolate snaps in blender or with rolling pin.
- Mix melted butter
with crumbs and chocolate.
- Press into 9-inch pie pan and place in freezer to set
while making filling.
- Filling: Dissolve gelatine in water.
- Combine gelatine, egg yolks and 1/2 cup
sugar in top of double boiler. Beat with egg beater while cooking over boiling water
for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool.
- Beat egg whites; add remainder of sugar.
- Whip cream.
- Fold egg whites into filling
and then fold in whipped cream.
- Fold in rum.
- Pour into crust and grate unsweetened
chocolate on top for decoration.
- Let set in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Recipes & Reminiscences of New Orleans, contributed by Nina