Spirited Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons PURE maple syrup (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 large egg whites, lightly
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons PURE maple syrup (no substitutes)
- Your favorite
recipe or store-bought crust
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the pie ingredients in a mixing bowl; whisk until well blended and slightly
- Pre-bake pie crust for about 5 minutes in a 400 degree F oven - allow to cool.
- When pie crust is cool, pour pie mixture into crust. Shield the edges of the crust
with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Remove the shields and
bake another 10 minutes.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar and maple syrup. Sprinkle on top of the pie,
then bake for 10 to 15 minutes more until a knife inserted in the center comes out
- Let it cool.