Tipsy Apple Pie
- 8 large Granny Smiths
- 4 large peaches (canned are fine)
- 1/2 cup dark
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- Peel, core and cut up the apples.
- Peel and cut up the peaches.
- Marinate fruit in rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and brown sugar. Let sit for
about 2 hours.
- Prepare piecrust: Measure flour, granulated sugar and a generous pinch of salt
into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse once or twice to mix.
butter and pulse on and off until mixture resembles small peas.
- Add ice water all
at once. Pulse a few more times, just until dough starts to come together.
dough onto counter and flatten into a disk. Wrap dough well in plastic or wax paper,
and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Drain fruit and place in crust fitted into deep dish.
- Add top crust and slash
- Brush with milk and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Finish baking at 350
degrees F for around 35 minutes.
- Instead of discarding marinade, thicken it slightly and serve over ice cream.