Chocolate Almond Strudel
- 1/4 pound butter, melted and clarified
- 4 sheets filo dough
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt and clarify butter. Set aside.
- Have filo sheets unrolled and covered with a damp cloth.
- Mix ground almonds, cinnamon and sugar together.
- In another small bowl, combine chopped chocolate and toasted almonds.
- Lay out one sheet of filo. Brush generously with melted butter. Sprinkle on some of the ground almond mixture. Lay another filo sheet on top. Brush with butter and proceed as with the first sheet. Once on top layer, brush again with butter. Place chocolate/almond mixture on the lower third of the stacked filo sheets. Lift the pastry gently over the chocolate to cover it. Fold in the left and right edges of the filo about 2 inches towards the center. Roll from the bottom in jellyroll fashion. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool before slicing. Use a serrated knife. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving, if desired. Cool thoroughly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.