Maraschino Cherry and Pineapple Strudel
- Strudel Dough
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced*
- 1 cup seeded raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, ground
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut fine
- Mix crumbs, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over stretched and buttered dough.
- Spread fruit and nuts over 3/4 of the dough evenly and drip half the melted butter
- Roll, trim and bake, brushing top with remaining melted butter.
* If canned
pineapple is used, drain well, and reduce sugar to 3/4 cup.