- 1 can Solo or 1 jar Baker poppy filling
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- About 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnut or pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease large baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine poppy filling, currants, lemon peel, and lemon juice in medium-size bowl and set aside.
- Unfold phyllo dough and place between 2 slightly damp dish towels to keep leaves from drying out. Place 1 leaf of phyllo dough on clean dish towel and brush with melted butter. Place second leaf on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat with 8 more leaves.
- Spread half of poppy filling over dough to with 1 1/2 inches of edges all the way around.
- Sprinkle half of chopped nuts over filling.
- Fold both long sides in over filling. Fold 1 short side in about 3 inches. Continue to fold strudel over from short side, using towel as aid. Raise towel on short side and roll strudel onto prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush entire surface of strudel with melted butter.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo leaves, poppy filling and nuts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Carefully slide strudel onto wire rack to cool slightly.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- Serve warm.
2 strudel (16 to 20 servings)
Source: Solo Foods
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.