- 1 can Solo or 1 jar Baker poppy filling
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 teaspoon grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- About 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnut or pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease large baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine poppy filling, currants, lemon peel, and lemon juice in medium-size bowl
and set aside.
- Unfold phyllo dough and place between 2 slightly damp dish towels to keep leaves
from drying out. Place 1 leaf of phyllo dough on clean dish towel and brush with
melted butter. Place second leaf on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat with
8 more leaves.
- Spread half of poppy filling over dough to with 1 1/2 inches of edges all the
- Sprinkle half of chopped nuts over filling.
- Fold both long sides in
over filling. Fold 1 short side in about 3 inches. Continue to fold strudel over
from short side, using towel as aid. Raise towel on short side and roll strudel
onto prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush entire surface of strudel with
- Repeat with remaining phyllo leaves, poppy filling and nuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Carefully slide strudel onto
wire rack to cool slightly.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- Serve warm.
2 strudel (16 to 20 servings)
Source: Solo Foods
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Strudel Recipes